This is Pat Grisbrook, she was my friend Jennifer's Grandmother and was a volunteer in the neighborhood for almost 50 years. She was also the chair of the parent teacher council at Parkside Elementary School (which is also the elementary school Jennifer and I attended)
Pat was in charge of various projects around the school and was there as a volunteer, anything you needed you could count on her to help out. She started a snow suit and snack program so the kids in the school would not go cold or hungry. She ran books fairs and bake sales which she contributed to as well (her banana bread was the best I have ever had)
Sadly Pat passed away on October 13th, 2007 , She was considered a neighborhood grandmother. The kind of person anyone could approach with their problems or concerns, or even just to share a laugh Pat was always there.
R.I.P. Pat Grisbrook
No comments:
Post a Comment